måndag 24 augusti 2015

The Meaning of Pluggers, part 27

Pluggers, 20150824:
Today, "Plugger" means "Music enthusiast".

Maybe even "A fan of whatever band Candace Rutherford recognized on the elevator when she had this one, lonely thought". I'm no mind reader, but it seems far from impossible.

Makes me wish I was blogging about music instead. I don't really know anything about music, or a lot about any musicians, but I love it. Music is sooo much better than Pluggers.

I worry that I'd soon find out how little I actually have to say about music, though. It would be obscene to treat music like I treat Pluggers, trying to find something new to prattle on about every single day just to keep readers interested.

So ironically, this abysmal strip at last shows us one redeeming feature of Pluggers: It's a less intimidating subject to discuss than things that are actually good. Kind of like Muzak really.

I'm your humble critic, and I like to challenge myself.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar